Sunday, March 2, 2008

Putting It All Together


The Specialized Allez frame arrived on Friday. I started putting the bike together on Saturday by digging into the Twin Cabinets 'O Bike Parts. I managed to find a complete Ultegra 9 speed groupo and added a few items picked up at swaps this year like the Hed Jet 50s I got at Cronometro and FSA handlebars purchased at the National Sports Center MCF parts garage sale. Among other parts I added were a Ritchey WCS stem, Thomson seat post, Sram chain, Dura Ace casette, FSA carbon crankset, Hutchinson tires, Salsa tubes and Cinelli bar tape. I got the bike part way done on Saturday as I worked around biking and coyote hunting... Anyway, I finished it today.

2 comments:

StevenCX said...

Well that sure looks fast. Nothing like compact geometry and deep dish wheels for that zoom zoom look.

Jay Tegeder said...

The rider needs to be fast though... I've got some work to do after this long winter...