Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jimmer And Jordan

I was out riding the hills of Afton with Loon State teammates Bill Stuber and Rob Belz, plus Rob's sister Lori and GP's Tommy Bengel when we ran into Jimmer and Jordan Cullen. Those two were on their way back to Hudson from a likely 50+ miler. We rode the big climbs on Indian Trail and the steep east side of the famed Afton Coulee. One of the other big climbs on the route was the monster on 21 past the Coulee heading south to Afton State Park. The ride was the shakedown cruise for the Specialized Allez I put together last week. Jimmer thought I was using too good of a bike for the conditions but I had to try it out. The Cullen's were riding their cross bikes... Anyway, the other plan for the ride was to mark the vertical climbs on the big Afton hills. However, my GPS unit ran out of juice after a couple of miles because I left it on overnight without recharging... The charge lasts for 15 hours.

No comments: