Saturday, March 29, 2008

On To Roubaix

Today was the day for the annual Twin Cities Bicycle Club Swap. It seems like they hold it in a different location every year... The swap was at the Hopkins VFW and seemed to have one of the best turnouts in years. Many of my peeps were there including Tom and Lee Bengel, Bill Stuber, his brother Joe, Jerry Engen and Barry Torgerson. Others were there too including Bob Williams from the track and Mark Wagner. The only things I bought were a set of Ultegra brakes for $15 which I turned around and sold for $25, a Truvativ Touro track crank and matching ISIS bottom bracket and a Wrench Force cable cutter and pedal wrench. Otherwise, I sold a lot of stuff including my Giant OCR C1 carbon road bike purchased by Joe Stuber. Plus a set of Bontrager Racelite wheels, a set of Mavic Crossland wheels and a Mavic Crossmax XL front wheel. Also sold were some derailleurs, seatposts, a tractor ass saddle, Garmin GPS unit, and a stem. After the swap, Tom and Lee Bengel, Bill Stuber and I went for a road ride with Rob Belz. Since I sold the Giant OCR C1, I rode my Specialized Roubaix. We rode from Saint Paul out to Lake Elmo and back. I got in 28 miles.

2 comments:

MrBikey said...

It was good to meet you at the Swap Meet, Jay!

Mike Beadles

Jay Tegeder said...

Likewise!