Saturday, January 12, 2008

Navigating The Crowded Aisles At Cronometero


What a day for a trip to Madison, Wisconsin for the annual Cronometro Bike Swap. New Loon State Team member Bill Stuber joined me for the drive down. It only took us 3 hours 20 minutes from Lake Elmo! We had a blast and the place was packed. The event is what the MCF Swap could be with the right ingredients of which I know... Ouch! I just dislocated my shoulder patting myself on the back... Anyway, I picked up some Hed Jet deep section carbon wheels for $250, a brand new pair of Northwave road shoes for $40, Shimano 105 and Ultegra rear derailleurs, a set of Shimano 105 STI 9 speed/double-triple shifters and an RSX 7 speed STI shifter. The shifters are on eBay already ( I need cash to pay for the trip...). Paul Schoening and Dag Selander were at the swap too. They were selling some Ridley bikes and a bunch of team stuff. The picture to the left is of the crowd waiting in line to get in. There were four times as many people behind me...

No comments: