Sunday, May 25, 2008

Twins!

I was cruising east on Summit Avenue when twin sisters Melissa and Heidi Douman caught up to me on their road bikes. They joined me for a ride up the High Bridge and Smith Avenue and then south to Marie Avenue where we turned west, went up the big climb under 35E and then headed across the Mendota Bridge. From there, we rode along the river through Fort Snelling and up into Minnehaha Park. Then, it was north on West River Road. The big storm front came through as we got to Lake Street. Fierce winds and driving rain hit us for a short while. They continued on to the U of M and I crossed the Lake Street Bridge and headed for home. Climbing the High Bridge, Melissa dropped me like Alex Atherton on the Stone Arch ride... That kid can climb! I tried talking them into joining the Loon State team... I got in 20 miles and rode the Allez.

No comments: