Thursday, May 1, 2008

Out to Lake Elmo back to Niner


I got home from work yesterday to find the UPS sticker on the door. My Niner EMD (Eat My Dust) frame arrived but they needed a signature to drop it off. After calling UPS, they told me I could pick it up at the Broadway location up until 8pm. As a result, I had plenty of time to go for a ride. The route was one of my favorites. I rode east on Summit, Phalen Blvd, Maryland and Stillwater Road all the way past Lake Elmo, Manning Avenue and then to Neal. From there I dropped down to County 10 where I had a great tailwind all the way home. When I got back, it was off to UPS. I got the Niner frame online since I couldn't get one through my favorite shops. The other thing I bought was a 29 inch carbon straight fork. I got that one through the Bicycle Chain. Now I just have to put the bike together. I had a Jamis Dakota 29er with a suspension fork. I sold the frame and fork at the local bike swaps and kept the components which I'll transfer to the Niner. Anyway, I got in 38 miles on the Specialized Roubaix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have to hit Salem before May 11th!!!

Jay Tegeder said...

Yeah!