Monday, April 6, 2009

Deep Section


One of the things I've learned the last couple of years is the value of deep section carbon wheels. I first started using them on the time trial bike and then I bought a pair of Hed Jet 60s last year from the Bicycle Chain through a deal with the Loon State Team and Hed. They came in handy over the weekend at the Loon State Spring Camp. While they didn't help on the big climbs, they were really fast on the downhills and the flats. I race time trials but I'd recommend all road racers get a set for their events. The closing speed with the wheels is tremendous. If you slip off the back of the pack for whatever reason, you can chase back on much easier than with conventional wheels. They say that deep section carbon wheels are faster than conventional wheels at speeds over twenty miles per hour. I would agree. The picture is a set of Flashpoint wheels.

No comments: