Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spectating, Shooting...

Jerry Engen and I drove down to Afton Alps to watch the mountain bike race. Loon State teammate Rob Belz finished 7th in the Sport category age 40-44. It was a tough course with all of the recent rain. Tom Bengel rode the single speed category. Others racing included Gary Freidel, Steve Kapaun and Dave Meyer. After that, Big Jer and I went over to the Hudson Gun Club and shot the rifles. Jerry shot his .223 and used my .22 and .17HMR. I must have shot around 70 rounds. The .22 was spot on at 50 yards and the .17HMR was on target (not the bullseye) at 100 yards. I came home and cut the grass. I needed a day off the bike... My flat feet were killing me (and still are as I type this...) but that wasn't why I took a rest day from the bike...

No comments: