Monday, May 18, 2009

H1N1 Anyone?

I've been knocked out by this cold/H1N1 deal I have going on. No, I haven't gotten that diagnosis by a doctor but I've had the sore throat, stuffy nose, cough and headache that tell me it's something other than the common cold. It showed up last Tuesday. I was going to race the Opus Crit but the sore throat made me stick to registering racers only. On Wednesday, I did go out for an easy spin but even that didn't feel too good... I did volunteer to be a course marshall for the Synergy Time Trial. I was going to do the race but once again, the crud got in the way. It probably wasn't a good idea to be in the cold, windy weather working the corner of County 15 and County 4 on Saturday morning either. Jerry Engen and I had to deal with orange cones flying away in the wind and then we had to protect the racers from a couple of hundred motorcycles going the same way as the event... Sunday, I had to cancel the niece's college graduation party at our house scheduled later in the day. I Didn't want to give anyone this crud. I watched the Erik's Spring Cup mountain bike race too. I would have raced that event if... Well, you know... I know, complain, complain, complain... Today, I've been hacking up a bunch of stuff from my lungs and blowing a lot of crap from my nose. Also, I've been taking some Advil D since Saturday. It's one of those things you need to sign a release form to get. I had to show my drivers license and promise not to make meth out of it before they would give it to me...

No comments: