Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Frame And Bike Radio


I picked up another Schwinn Peloton frame. I had one of these a few years back but that one was yellow. This one is blue. The only reason I got rid of the last one was because I needed the money. Like the last one, this frame was made for Schwinn by Match Cycles between 1998 and 2000. They made Schwinn Paramounts and Schwinn Circuits during that same time span. All three frames were made with Reynolds 853 steel which is gives really smooth riding. The Paramounts had beautiful external lugs and were made in the USA. In fact, the frmae builder for Match Cycles was Curt Goodrich who now makes custom frames and frames for Rivendel right here in Minneapolis. The Pelotons and Circuits were made in Taiwan toMatch Cycles specs. The Paramounts had Dura Ace, the Pelotons Ultegra and the Circuits used 105. I'll build this one up as I accumulate parts. Check out the picture. Anyway, we had the second episode of Bike Radio today on 91.7fm, www.macalester.edu/wmcn at 5pm as usual. Today, we talked about all things Italian and we did a book review of "A Dog In A Hat." Next week we'll talk about bike movies and do another book review.

No comments: