Sunday, March 8, 2009

In The Peloton


I try to avoid most road races now because I broke my hand in a crash a few years ago. I was in the main pack or peloton when it happened. The peloton that I prefer now is the Schwinn Peloton road bike made from 1998 to 2000 by Match Cycles for Schwinn. The Reynolds 853 frame is hard to beat for a comfortable ride. I got this blue 56cm frame about a week ago. So far, I've added an Ultegra rear derailleur, 105 front derailleur, carbon fork, combination Aheadset and Cane Creek headset, Bontrager OS handlebars and an Ultegra right side 9 speed shifter and a 105 left side double shifter. I also put some Mavic Cosmos blue wheels on the frame but I think it will look better with black wheels. I wouldn't mind building it up with all balck 105 components either. Check out the progress so far.

No comments: