Saturday, April 19, 2008

Errands and Training...


Usually when the weather gets nice and warm, I try to go out for Saturday morning ride. Since I didn't go to Durand for the race (I'll concentrate on time trials and the track), wet roads and cold temps made my decision to go to Mills Fleet Farm pretty easy. I went there to get some downspout extensions for the house. Ten foot long sections is how they make them so it was a good idea that I brought the pick-up. First things first, I went to the automotive section to get some sponges, car wash soap, drying towels, rubber gloves and a big bucket. Next, since I bought a torque wrench yesterday, I went to get some allen heads for it. The only metric ones they had were 6, 8 and 10. I bought a 6 and 8 and then got a standard set of allen bits. From there, I walked over to sporting goods to check out a rifle for coyote shootin'. My mentor, Big Jerry Engen is in California for a few days so I have to wait to consult with him... While in sporting goods, I grabbed a couple of fishing pliers and two packets of lures for the opener. Finally, I made my way to building supplies where I got the downspout extensions. After that, I drove over to the Bicycle Chain to check on my Hed track disc. It hasn't come in yet... When I got home, I turned on the TV for a while. My wife is sick and was resting so I relaxed in front of the tube. The roads were dry so I took out the Roubaix, rode east on Summit, up the High Bridge, stopped at Bike Swap Alex's bike/variety store on Smith Avenue and then continued on to Fort Snelling and then home for 18 1/2 miles...

No comments: