Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Secret V1 Double Kick

The trails of the famed and storied Comenkollen were calling all skiers... Well, they would if they could... The trail was in great shape after a 1 1/2 inch snowfall. I skated since I need the conditioning work. I can tell the form is coming around. The uphills weren't too bad and the speed work didn't hurt too much. I worked on the secret V1 double kick technique that gets the speed way up. I think only a couple of skiers besides me know how to do it. Since I'm not skiing all that fast this season, I need all the extra speed I can get. One of the skiers is an old Norwegian. He only used the technique on the uphills. I adapted it to the flats. The other guy is younger than me but basically hung up skiing when his kids were born. He's an excellent bike mechanic though...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You nee dthat "special" kick for biking!!