Sunday, September 27, 2009

Into The Woods


Saturday was an outdoors day as I got up in the morning and drove north for some grouse hunting. I worked a couple of wildlife management areas and a state forest. The first wildlife management area I hunted was by far the best place. Several others were hunting the place so I went to the eastern section of the 159 acre area. There were tons of small birch and aspen trees which are really good grouse habitat. I didn't flush any but I heard a few shots so someone got the birds up in the air. Check out the picture of the area I was hunting. When I got home, I took the fishing boat out on one of my favorite east metro lakes. I caught one sunfish but came to the realization that the 70hp Mercury is too big for the 14 foot modified speedboat... Anyway, today I got in 31 miles on the Greenway, Cedar and Kenilworth Trails.

No comments: