Saturday, March 20, 2010

Long Time Posting

It's been a while since my last post. I kind of got hooked on the facebook thing but I will update the blog more frequently now. Over the past month, I finished my 24th Birkie in a time of 2:47. I think I was around 600th place. Based on past Birkies with similar conditions, my time in '97 was 2:27 so I'm ten pounds heavier, older and 20 minutes slower than when I used to train big hours for ski racing. I figure it's hard to hammer all year 'round though some guys can do it. I guess I work more towards bike fitness than skiing... I've gotten in quite a few rides lately too. The longest has been 31 miles which I did twice on the Greenway, Cedar and Kenilworth Trail Systems. Today, I rode with Bill and Joe Stuber and my neighbor Steve Prast. We rode 30 miles into the northeast metro and back.

No comments: