Sunday, February 1, 2009

Get Rid Of Those Hills!



I raced the City of Lakes Loppet 35K skate cross country ski race today. Starting in the second wave, I probably finished in the middle of the wave at the finish. Maybe I've been doing too much classic skiing but I didn't ski as fast as I wanted to. Of course, I never seem to do well in the City of Lakes race. There are way too many uphills for my liking... It's called the City of Lakes Loppet so shouldn't it be on the lakes entirely? I skied fast on the lakes and the downhills... My time was 1:57.22 and I was 276th out of 840. Ouch! Bruce Adelsman took this picture of me leading a pack across Cedar Lake. The other picture from Bruce might illustrate why I'm not skiing as fast as I can... "Keep training. Lycra never lies!" JT. Counting calories might be a good game plan for me too...

No comments: